More About This CourseHide Description
Basic Arrhythmia Interpretation is a full beginner’s Arrhythmia course. This course teaches basic cardiac anatomy, impulse formation and conduction, the action potential, and how the ECG machine sees impulses and translates them into graph form. Additionally, this course explains all of the major cardiac rhythms and shows you examples. Lastly, Basic Arrhythmia Interpretation reviews serious and non-serious heart rhythms.
The course contains 20 short videos and you will learn about normal and abnormal heart rhythms in about 1 hour. Each video can be re-watched as many times as you want to help solidify your understanding. The course is accessible 24/7 on any device for an entire year. Videos are succinct, with detailed illustrations and audio descriptions that go at a gentle pace for better comprehension. The videos are set up to feel as if a cardiologist is giving you one-on-one instruction.
Basic Arrhythmia Interpretation includes a Certificate of Completion, which can be presented to your workplace or institution to demonstrate competency. This course is not available for CME. Basic Arrhythmia Interpretation pairs well with Basic ECG Interpretation and can be bundled for a 15% savings. Other bundles are also available.
- Basic cardiac anatomy related to ECG interpretation
- The action potential
- The ECG waves (P, Q, QRS, ST, and T)
- Impulse conduction through the heart
- ECG calibration
- Normal and abnormal heart rhythms
- Sinus rhythms
- Junctional rhythms
- Atrial rhythms
- Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT)
- Ventricular Arrhythmias
- Atrioventricular blocks
- First-degree AV block
- Second-degree AV block, Mobitz type 1
- Second-degree AV block, Mobitz type 2
- Third-degree AV blocks (aka complete heart block)
- 2:1 AV blocks
- Basic pacemaker rhythms
- Serious vs. non-serious heart rhythms and ECG findings